Financial Aid for RIE Nurturing Nanny™
If you feel unable to afford the cost of the RIE® Nurturing Nanny course, I would like to present you with some options.
1. Talk to your nanny-family - If you are currently employed, you should absolutely speak to your current nanny-family about being reimbursed for the course. This is especially true if it was they that requested you get this training! This family--and their child--will benefit greatly from your experience in the course. Many employers are willing to pay half or all of your tuition. If you feel unsure about asking, I recommend you read this article I wrote on the topic.
2. Talk to your friends and family - Learning about RIE is a sound investment in your future career. Many families are seeking nannies who are familiar with this approach, and it is not uncommon for them to be willing to pay RIE-trained nannies $5-$10 more per hour. If you talk to your friends and family about the course and the financial barrier to attending, you may find that they are interested in supporting you by paying for a portion of your tuition. You could even ask that they contribute to the Nurturing Nanny Scholarship Fund in your name!
3. Consider paying in installments - I am happy to accept your course tuition in the form of non-refundable installments and can be flexible about the dates of payment. For example, you may find it easier to contribute a bit after each payday in the months leading up to the course.
4. Consider Peaceful Learning's offer - Peaceful Learning Alternative Nanny agency has generously offered to compensate nannies for the cost of this course if you are later (at any point in your career), placed with a full-time family through their agency. All you have to do is mention me and this course during your application process to be eligible.
5. Apply for a scholarship - I usually offer two partial needs-based scholarships per course, although this varies depending on how much has been contributed to the Scholarship Fund and current enrollment. Unfortunately, this is rarely enough to cover the amount of scholarship requests I receive, which is why I encourage you to explore the above options before applying.
Thank you for helping to make it possible for many nannies to take the course! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.